The Chamonix valley offers a wide selection of high quality sport climbing crags and multi-pitch routes for all levels of rock climbing. Close to Chamonix town there are perfect spots to try our rock climbing and learn the basics. Lower down in Vallee de l’Arve we find big limestone walls, and in the Aosta Valley we have beautiful crags and pillars of solid gneiss to climb.
This gives us the opportunity to do rock climbing courses at all levels, as well as guided multi-pitch climbs. We will work on both your climbing performance and the safety aspects of rock climbing.
Summertime Chamonix is a good option, compared to many other climbing destination in Europe, as we still have suitable temperatures for rock climbing at 1000m above sea level in July and August.
Although famous for adventurous alpine rock climbs, Chamonix is in fact also ideal for beginner rock climbers.
Chamonix Rock Climbing Courses
Sport climbing and beginner rock climbing courses are possible with a bigger group and/or mixed levels. Our aim is to teach you all safety aspects of rock climbing and make you progress in your activity, while guiding you to the nicest crags for your level of climbing.
Chamonix has well arranged sport climbs and multi-pitch routes also for complete beginners, so we can start from the very beginning, or from whatever level you are currently at.
– Rock climbing initiation day: having fun and learning the basics of rock climbing.
– Stepping up and becoming independent: technical progress, lead climbing, rappelling, rope handling, belaying, multi-pitch climbing etc.
– Perfection: In order to take your rock climbing to a higher level we’ll evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and work on physical, mental, technical and tactical qualities. Both sport climbing and bouldering are ideal activities.
Best time: April – October
Private groups of: Max 8 persons, all ages and levels
– 420€ for up to 2 persons
– plus 20€ per extra person
|Half day (morning or afternoon):
– 240€ for up to 2 persons
– plus 20€ per extra person
– Full day of private coaching
– all group equipment (ropes, carabineers).
– Transport in the Chamonix Valley or to the Aosta valley
– personal equipment (harness and climbing shoes)
Guided Multi-pitch Sport Climbs
For the longer, more adventurous, mulit-pitch climbs you need to be able to follow at least 5c (French grading).
Some great routes that we often do with our guests are:
Vallee de l’Arve:
– Indiana Jeune on Maladiere
– La Costa on Vuardes
Upper Chamonix Valley:
– Cacao Girls in Chatelard
– Sylvie Phobie at Berberine
– Berard valley
– Pilastro Lomasti
Best time: May till end of September
Price: 420€ per day per group (max 2 persons)
– Full day of private guiding/instructing
– all group equipment (ropes, carabineers)
– Transport in the Chamonix Valley
– Mountain rescue insurance
– personal equipment (harness, helmet and climbing shoes)